History of Sikar

By  |  0 Comments

History of Sikar
History of SikarSikar is one of the verifiable urban areas, which is situated in the Shekhawati district of Rajasthan State in India. It takes after the radiant workmanship, culture and Padharo Mhare Desh custom of Rajasthan. It is the authoritative headquarter of Sikar District. Beforehand Sikar was known as Nehrawati. It was the capital town of Thikana Sikar.

Sikar shapes some portion of antiquated human progress with both Ganeshwar and Bageshwar (Neem ka Thana), some portion of the pre-Harappan period, being situated in Sikar. History of Sikar is as old as the history of  Harappan. The primitive name of Sikar was “Veer Bhan Ka Bas”.

Raja Bahadur Singh Shekhawat, the King of Khandela, talented the “Brew Bhan Ka Bass” to Rao Daulat Singh who was child of Rao Jaswant Singh from Kasli Thikana. In 1687, Rao Daulat Singh Ji set out the main establishment of new Thikana Sikar at Beer Bhan Ka Bass and assembled the memorable post here.They are the maker of History of Sikar. Later his child Rao Shiv Singh (1721/1748) who was known for his solid, gallant, sharp and strong qualities took the work in hands and finished the fortification and different royal residences. Shiv Singh, because of his alluring identity, was the most conspicuous Rao Raja of Sikar. He decorated whole town with solid “Parkota” environment. He was a religious man which appears in well known sanctuary of “GopinathJi”, developed by him. He was an awesome state manufacturer, compelling warrior, and an extraordinary admirer of craftsmanship, works of art and design.The successor rulers after Shiv Singh were Rao Samrath Singh, Rao Nahar Singh and Rao Chand Singh. Rao Devi Singh rose the position of authority of Sikar after Chand Singh. He was again an awesome warrior and ruler. He led Sikar effectively. He made Sikar as most grounded bequest in Shekhawati by his decision aptitudes. He developed the fortresses of Raghunathgarh and Deogarh and furthermore established Ramgarh Shekhawati. The glorious sanctuary of RaghunathJi and Hanumanji recounts the narrative of his religious slant. He was popular to the point that his period is known as the brilliant decision time of Sikar. He kicked the bucket in the year 1795. Devi Singh’s child Rao Raja Laxman Singh Ji was additionally an awesome head. He manufactured the “Laxmangarh Fort” on the scattered bits of rocks which is a one of a kind work of engineering. Maharaja Sawai Jagat Singh Ji SahebBahadur (II), the ruler of Jaipur was abundantly satisfied with him, therefore the title of ‘Rao Raja’ was presented upon him by the lord. His period was significantly known for affection towards workmanship, culture, religion and learning. He was extremely humanitarian, the Sikar state was exceptionally prosperous in his period. The seth’s and the well-to-do individuals got the brilliant structures fabricated and the artistic creations on them are as yet worth seeing.

Amid medieval circumstances, Sikar, Churu and Jhunjhunu region involve the Shekhawati locale of Rajasthan. It was the greatest Thikana (Estate) of the Jaipur State prior it was known as Nehrawati.

Raja Bahadur Singh Shekhawat, the Raja of Khandela talented the town (Beer Bhan Ka Bass) to Rao Daulat Singh, child of Rao Jaswant Singh of Kasli Thikana. Rao Daulat Singh changed the name of Veer Bhan Ka Bass town to Sikar in memory of Rao Shekha and built a stronghold here in 1687. In 1721 Daulat Singh’s child Shiv Singh progressed toward becoming leader of Sikar.

Sikar is an exceptionally entrancing and alluring spot for the visitor. The fresco Paintings on the antiquated havelies, sanctuaries and fortresses spellbind the vacationer from over the globe. Sikar was the tradition of illustrious Shekhawat rulers. Still there are numerous imperial Shekhawat family live in Sikar. One of the best Shekhawat, Mr Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, previous Vice President of India additionally has a place with (Khachriyawas) Sikar. Three most conspicuous business groups of the nation viz. Bajajs, Birlas and Goenkas additionally have a place with the area.